Low Moor is one of eight YACIO sites to have an allotment association and we would encourage all tenants to join. The association isn’t here to tell you what to do or interfere where it isn’t needed. Its purpose is to promote and protect the allotment site and our aims, as stated in the constitution, are:
- To promote the interests of the Members with regard to the proper cultivation, good management and enjoyment of the Allotments.
- To maintain and improve facilities which will help Members to pursue these activities.
- To maintain and improve the condition of the site as a whole and to encourage and educate others to do the same.
- To take measures to protect Members and the site against damage, trespass and theft.
- To conduct negotiations with YACIO and, wherever possible, to co-operate with them, other allotment groups and other organisations and individuals.
- To encourage all tenants of Low Moor to join the Association.
To join, just pay your annual membership fee of £3 at the store. You don’t need to become heavily involved if you don’t want to, simply being a paid up member helps, as all funds raised from association membership go straight back into the allotment site and can be used to purchase communal equipment or to pay towards any other needs the allotment site may have.
- Access to the store for a great range of keenly priced gardening necessities.
- 10% discount on selected products at Dean’s Garden Centre (see the full list in the store) and at Vertigrow Garden Centre, Malton Road.
- Two newsletters a year.
The more members we have, the more we have the potential to do. If you choose to get more involved you can, perhaps by volunteering to help in the store or taking on a committee role. We are also looking to put working groups together to help improve the general appearance and working of the site; leave your name in the shop, email the committee or the Site Secretaries.